HONEY HONEY HONEY
Honey has so many benefits for not only your health but your hair and skin! The sweet sticky stuff is so versatile, here’s some simple DIY’S for you all to try. Let’s get sticky!
Honey and lemon face mask - I use this face mask on a weekly basis, lemons are used to fade acne scars and lighten your complexion, honey is an antibacterial which prevents acne and clears up your skin.
1. Mix 1 part lemon juice and 2 parts honey in a bowl.
2. Apply to face and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
3. Wash off with warm water then moisturize.
Honey milk bath -
1/3 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup runny honey
1 1/2 cups liquid soap (I use clear and unscented liquid soap)
- Melt your coconut oil if it isn’t already in liquid form.
- Add the milk powder and coconut oil to a bowl, stir until all lumps are gone.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and stir.
- Add the bubble bath to a jar of your choice and shake before use.
Beat that horrid cold you have by mixing hot water with honey and a slice of lemon, tastes amazing, soothes your sore throat and the honey fights as an antibacterial.
Not a fan of just plain water? Try adding honey and a slice of lemon to your drink bottle, tastes amazing and you can also spice it up with other flavors like frozen raspberries, mint, and citrus slices!